Quicksands and Second chances  

Posted by Book Eater

It's been a long time since I last posted anything in this blog. Perhaps you could say that I've had quite a lot of things going on in my life for the past month.

I watched two films today: Forbidden Kingdom and Replacements as advised by my "mentor". I could very much relate with the following lines:

Forbidden Kingdom quotable quotes:

1.) Show respect to your teachers. Empty your cup.

2.) Kungfu- hard work over time to accomplish skill

3.) Learn the form but seek the formless. hear the soundless. Learn it all then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way.

Replacement quotes:

1.) Winners always want the ball when the game is on the line.
2.) A real man admits his fears.
3.) Quick Sand

You’re playing and you think everything is going fine and then one thing goes wrong, and another, and another. The harder you fight, the deeper you sink until you can’t move. You can’t breathe coz you’re in over your head…like quicksand.

Second chance...

Lose that fear.

4.) The man you are and the man you ought to be. When those two things meet, you’ll make one hell of a fantastic player.

5.) What they didn’t know was that their lives will be changed forever because they had been part of something great. Greatness , no matter how brief, stays with a man. Every athlete dreams of a second chance. These men lived it.



________________________________________________
For some reason, I don't know what I'm up against. I guess I'm up against myself? I'm up to test my limits? I'm up to see where "this heart" will take me. to be given this second chance...
to be treated special... as though I had some trait

The seeker in Forbidden Kingdom and Shane Falco in the replacements were being used by my "mentor" as metaphors for me. Or so i think...

It's a real honor to be even considered the part but as Shane's fear is the quicksand...I need to lose that fear...I need to lose my own quicksand.

You’re playing and you think everything is going fine and then one thing goes wrong, and another, and another. The harder you fight, the deeper you sink until you can’t move. You can’t breathe coz you’re in over your head…like quicksand.

yeah... ive had my own fair share of quicksand.


Aniwei, I've always liked the mentor-student type of relationship really. It's great someone's taking interest and I suppose I have to pay back in some way...respect for the teacher, respect for the confidence and to remember the line that...greatness, even if it is brief, stays with a man.

Thanks for the second chance.
This obstacle... I hope I can succeed in.

and another thing... i was recently thinking about how my guama lived all her life for the benefit of others while they squander away all her hard work. Her legacy has to be remembered and expanded and shared... niwei. thats just me.

ho hum...

- Nix

0 takes

Post a Comment

Archives